Here are some of my recent random thoughts on trying to lead a healthier lifestyle while not abandoning my love of beer and all things dessert.
- I have just discovered this past weekend that I will drink way more water if it is out of a fun cup with a straw. We got a nice one from my conference last week and so far today I’ve had at least 2 liters of water. This is good because all of the people, you know the people who talk about health and wellness and stuff, say drinking water will make everything better.
- I’m that crazy person who now recognizes when they need some greens in their life. I never thought I would turn down a nice free and indulgent dinner for a salad. That happened last week during that conference. We were at a really fun restaurant with lots of great looking food. I opted for the steak salad because I needed something that wasn’t super heavy. Especially after our dinner of In-N-Out the night before.
- Trying to eat healthy during the summer is hard. Like really hard. I just want to BBQ and drink beer like everyday. And cheese boards. OMG cheese boards. So easy and you don’t have to do any cooking.
- This isn’t really health or fitness related, but where have skirts and dresses been all my life. I never thought I could wear them after I gained weight, but holy moly they make it really easy to get dressed in the morning. And for the most part they are like wearing pj’s they are so comfy. And people wondered why I tried so hard to look good that morning. Guess I was overdoing it on polo’s and khakis.
- I wish being outside in the sunshine just hanging out burned calories. Because oh my goodness I’d be down so many pounds at the end of summer. I just don’t like the actual doing of physical activity in the heat. Blech. So hot.
- I just checked and I’m 6.6 lbs away from hitting the 30 pound total. There are 4 weeks until classes start. I think I want to try to lose that 6.6 pounds by the time classes start. Totally doable goal in my mind. That’s only 1.6 lbs a week. Easier said than done. Guess I actually am going to have to work out in the hot hot sun.
Okay that is all. Probably the most boring list ever. But clearly I’m bored right now. And should be doing work. But it’s Monday and work is hard.